The Green Swan Joins “The Million Dollar Club”
The Green Swan is officially joining The Million Dollar Club. Never heard of The Million Dollar Club? Well check out J$’s site “Budgets Are Sexy”. He started The Million Dollar Club for all those who wish to one day be a millionaire. There is no red tape to cut through, you do not need a million to join, but I am pretty sure he throws a ticker tape parade for each new member! Right J$? Going forward, I will proudly display The Million Dollar Club Seal on my homepage!
As part of being in the club, my pledge below outlines my list of requirements to become a millionaire. To read how I grew my net worth to $1,000,000, check out The Green Swan’s Net Worth Explosion.
I Pledge the following:
- To keep on hustling, always working harder and working smarter
- To provide for my family
- To ensure my kids have the tools they need in life to become financial independent on their own (don’t expect a trust fund kiddos, sorry)
- To have enough cash to pay for any purchase (including cars, furniture, electronics, etc.)
- To not finance any purchase besides a house unless the interest rate is 0% or very low so long as I am confident I can make a better return in my investment portfolio over the same time horizon
- To pay off my credit card in full every month
- To not ever pay someone to do something I can just as well do myself (i.e. mowing the yard, simple home maintenance, etc.)
- To avoid getting suckered by marketing to buy something I don’t need
- To give back to my community
- To invest my entire bonus, except up to $100 for a nice celebration dinner with the fam
- To maximize contributions to my tax sheltered accounts (401k and IRA)
- To do everything I can to lower my taxes…legally anyway
By joining The Million Dollar Club, and with this pledge, I am confident that I will continue to grow my net worth and reach financial independence expeditiously.
The Green Swan
Work Harder, Work Smarter, Retire Earlier and Find Your Beach